Field Service Engineer - Houston (m/f/d)
USA (Houston, TX) (Hidden)
Customer services - metrology
Our Customer Services Department is looking for a Field Service Engineer to plan and perform the installation of our automated quality control products at our customers' sites. If you are looking for new challenges and want to join a passionate and determined team, choose Creaform, we will have fun working together from our Houston office!
You'll be responsible for
- Analyzing the customer's facility to anticipate technical issues that may impact the schedule;
- Preparing tooling, shop supplies and arrange travel in accordance with project planning;
- Coordinating the work of subcontractors and integration partners at the customer site during installation;
- Performing system installation;
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues encountered;
- Assisting the customer in implementing required corrective actions;
- Performing preventive maintenance activities to ensure that the equipment operates at the highest level.
Your projects will lead you to
- Work closely with the application engineers to deliver a system that meets the criteria of the site acceptance tests, on time and to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Work with technical support and R&D teams to resolve technical issues;
- Document work performed at the customer site;
- Report opportunities for improvement and provide detailed analysis of recurring issues encountered;
- Acquire and maintain a high level of expertise in automation and robotics;
- Develop and maintain installation instructions;
- Participate in product demonstrations for potential sales.
You have the profile we are looking for if you
- Have at least two years experience as an electromechanical technician;
- Have practical experience in robotics (FANUC experience is a major asset);
- Have demonstrated ability to solve technical problems (electro-mechanical as well as computer and robotics);
- Like to work in a team;
- Have technical writing skills (an asset).
You will feel at home if you
- Are willing to travel within the United States (+50%) and occasionally internationally;
- Possess a high degree of autonomy;
- Are able to work under pressure;
- Are flexible and able to travel on short notice (occasionally);
- Have proven communication skills and customer service experience.
In exchange, we offer you
- The ability to work from home when you are not traveling;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- The support of a high level, dynamic and very human team;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- An environment opens to the world and in constant growth.
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our work environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a start-up company.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I give trainings on all Creaform products throughout Europe and use them daily in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aeronautics, and energy sectors. Because Creaform’s customers use our solutions for many different applications, application engineers have to be very versatile. I get to face new challenges each week, which makes for a very stimulating job!