Application engineer (m/f/d)
USA (Houston, TX) (Hidden)
Customer services - metrology
The primary responsibility for the Application Engineer is to provide technical expertise to support the metrology services, and the technology sales effort in, but not limited to the US territory. The person will meet and work with customers through a variety of projects and interactions such as conducting sales demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team, providing customer training, realizing metrology service mandates, and providing technical support to our customer base. All while respecting deadlines, quality standards, and the technical specifications required to ensure customer satisfaction.
Your projects will lead you to
- Provide applicative training on Creaform and partner technologies to our customer base;
- Perform service projects (metrology, data acquisition, reverse engineering) at customer’s site or in Creaform’s facilities;
- Prepare and perform sales demonstrations and technical benchmarks such as gage R&R, measurement systems analysis and high accuracy quality control for advanced applications;
- Act as a technical reference during commercial and marketing events (trade shows, product launches, exhibitions, etc.);
- Act as the reference for the usage of the Creaform product lines and support internal customers (marketing, R&D, Creaform Campus) in their operations;
- Contribute to product development (testing functionality, product reliability);
- Contribute to technical writing by creating, updating, and reviewing the documentation;
- Work with the technical support team and provide first line troubleshooting and applicative support to our customers base.
You have the profile we are looking for if you...
- Have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field;
- Will be willing to travel internationally (about 50%);
- Experience in 3D scanning & metrology;
- Experience in NDT, Oil & gas, pipeline integrity assessment;
- Speak Spanish
You earn points if you...
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Are autonomous and resourceful;
- Have ability to work under pressure;
- Have strong customer relations skills;
- Are self-taught.
In exchange, we offer you...
- A flexible work schedule;
- The possibility of working at Creaform/Ametek's Houston office or at home.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- The support of a high level, dynamic and very human team;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations
- An environment open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more.
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our work environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a start-up company.
Creaform is all about innovation, which allows me to use my imagination on a daily basis. No idea is too big or eccentric. The company is growing at such an incredible pace that there are many opportunities for advancement. It’s a great place to jumpstart your career!
Repair Centers and Engineering Changes coordinator