Permanent / Full-time
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Are you a people person, passionate for all things 3D, engineering and a love for travel that aspires a career to its greatest ambition? Let’s talk and get to know each other! We’re Creaform, a leading international company in full expansion with a passion for 3D scanning, engineering and reverse engineering—and let’s not forget living life to the fullest. We cultivate a collaborative workplace culture that values your contributions, fosters learning and growth, but also makes plenty of room for fun, family, and personal achievement. We’re seeking someone who shares our enthusiasm and aspires to create leading-edge 3D measurement solutions for a diverse customer base in the automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, multimedia, and medical sectors.
Who we’re seeking? A perfect match to fill the position of Application Engineer at Creaform for the metrology services recognized for its highly technical competencies within the company’s activities. Where you’ll be based? A dynamic workplace environment in the city of Costa Mesa, California. Lets’ not forget the frequent travel that will open you up to the world within your work activities. If you wish to work for a company in full growth that offers career advancement opportunities, Creaform is for you!
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Harness your creativity and people skills to make impactful presentations to potential customers and act as a Creaform resource person.
- Draw on your analytical talents to assess customer needs and offer them the best 3D scanning and probing solutions for their requirements.
- Perform remote and on-site data acquisition (3D laser scanning and probing inspection) for Creaform customers.
- Use 3D data acquisition , post treatment, reverse engineering and inspection software to generate deliverable expected by the client.
- Work closely with customers, distributors, and affiliates as well as colleagues to organize training, integration, and project implementation activities using our 3D scanners.
- Adapt methods or troubleshoot to resolve problems related to technology use.
- Contribute to new technologies development by testing new products and sharing your improvement suggestions.
- Help draft and translate technical and training documents.
Our perfect match...
- Has at least a degree in mechanical engineering or the equivalent and 2 years of experience .
- Has ideally worked in metrology, 3D scanning, automation and robotics before.
- Is fluent in English (a little French or Spanish would be an asset).
- Has a knack for sales and customer services.
- Is a keen traveler and fast learner.
- Is a take-charge person with a can-do attitude.
In exchange we offer you...
- Work location: Costa Mesa, California office.
- Available to travel 50%+ of the time, flexible schedule.
- Competitive package.
- Good benefits plan.
- Vibrant, ambitious, worldwide company.
Creaform offers career opportunities within a young dynamic team as well as the possibility to progress through multiple interesting and varied projects. We moreover provide a unique work environment, animated by a strong, dynamic team. Joining our team, also translates to many social activities, career opportunities and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Having the opportunity to be invited to Ängelholm, Sweden, at Koenigsegg’s headquarters was unbelievable! I had to perform a full scan of the company’s new Regera. It was an unforgettable experience! When you work at Creaform, you get to meet wonderful people who use Creaform technologies on a daily basis. You learn a lot about how high performance cars are designed and manufactured. From a mechanical engineering (and car enthusiast!) standpoint, it doesn’t get any better than this!
3D Metrology Expert