Application Engineer, Automated Quality Control
Permanent / Full-time
Irvine, CA, United States
The person in this position has the primary responsibility to provide technical expertise to support the Automated Quality Control sales effort in, but not limited to the US territory. He must ensure that the projects are carried out while respecting the deadlines, the quality and the technical characteristics required, in order to ensure customer satisfaction. This person works closely with the sales and after-sales service departments, as well as the team of technical experts from the metrology department. The individual also works with the A-QC Operations Manager on strategic aspects such as knowledge development, continuous improvement, and the deployment of the processes.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Realize A-QC external service projects such as the creation and optimization of robot paths, off-line programming and simulation, support the design of fixtures adapted to 3D scanning and support the integration;
- Integrate Creaform systems during the installing of robotic solutions on client sites and if necessary, coordinate the different service providers. This responsibility is accompanied by robotic programming and mechanical assembly;
- Perform validation tests following the installation;
- Support the sales force through simulations, technical advice, solution definition, demonstrations and technical validations;
- Provide training on automation specialized product and software;
- Act as a technical reference during commercial and marketing events (trade shows, product launches, exhibitions, etc.);
- Provide support to the robotic application after-sale service team (remote or on-site);
- Participate in the different stages of product development;
- Contribute to technical writing by creating, updating and reviewing the documentation;
- Create, prepare and animate technical workshops during internal training events.
- Has a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field;
- Is willing to travel internationally (about 50%);
- Has strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Is autonomous and resourceful;
- Has the ability to work under pressure;
- Has strong customer relations skills;
- Is a self-taught person;
- Knows how to manage priorities;
- Demonstrate leadership.
In exchange, we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart ;
- Competitive salary and benefits ;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- And much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I give trainings on all Creaform products throughout Europe and use them daily in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aeronautics, and energy sectors. Because Creaform’s customers use our solutions for many different applications, application engineers have to be very versatile. I get to face new challenges each week, which makes for a very stimulating job!