Application Engineer, Robotized Metrology Solution
Permanent / Full-time
Are you a people person, passionate for all things 3D, engineering and a love for travel that aspires a career to its greatest ambition? Let’s talk and get to know each other! We’re Creaform, a leading international company in full expansion with a passion for 3D scanning, engineering and reverse engineering—and let’s not forget living life to the fullest. We cultivate a collaborative workplace culture that values your contributions, fosters learning and growth, but also makes plenty of room for fun, family, and personal achievement. We’re seeking someone who shares our enthusiasm and aspires to create leading-edge 3D measurement solutions for a diverse customer base in the automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, multimedia, and medical sectors.
Who we’re seeking? A perfect match to fill the position of Application Engineer-Automated Quality Control Systems. The position holder will work within the metrology services, a highly technical department of AMETEK CO. Ltd Division Creaform. The position holder will cover Robotized solutions. He/she will also carry out multiple projects requiring robotic, automation and dimensional metrology skills. Where you’ll be based? A dynamic workplace environment in Tokyo. Lets’ not forget the frequent travel that will open you up to the world within your work activities. If you wish to work for a company in full growth that offers career advancement opportunities, Creaform is for you!
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Harness your creativity and people skills to make impactful presentations to potential customers and act as a Creaform resource person.
- Draw on your analytical talents to assess customer needs and offer them the best robotized 3D scanning and probing solutions for their requirements.
- Perform remote and on-site data acquisition (3D scanning and probing inspection) for Creaform customers.
- Use 3D data acquisition, post treatment, reverse engineering and inspection software to generate deliverable expected by the client.
- Work closely with customers, distributors, and affiliates as well as colleagues to organize training, integration, and project implementation activities using our 3D scanners.
- Adapt methods or troubleshoot to resolve problems related to technology use.
- Performing on-site after-sales support for robotic and automated solutions.
- Contribute to new technologies development by testing new products and sharing your improvement suggestions.
- Help draft and translate technical and training documents.
Our perfect match...
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Metrology, CAD software or product design and inspection.
- Experience in robotics, robot programming and automation.
- Is fluent in Japanese and English.
- Has a knack for sales and customer services.
- Is a keen traveler and fast learner.
- Is a take-charge person with a can-do attitude.
In exchange we offer you...
- Work location: Tokyo, Japan office.
- Available to travel 50%+ of the time, flexible schedule.
- Competitive package.
- Good benefits plan.
- Vibrant, ambitious, worldwide company.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Whenever I am performing demos or product presentations, I always smile when I see the look of amazement on attendees’ faces after I scan a product. They have a hard time believing in our solutions’ power and performance—and think I’ve uploaded the data prior to the presentation. Then I scan my hand on the spot. All I hear afterwards is “Wooooow!” Now that’s music to my ears! I am proud to be a part of the Creaform team!