Software Developer C++ (embedded) (m/f/d)
Canada - Levis
Our R&D team is looking for several software developers to contribute to the software development of Creaform's 3D scanning technologies and their applications. As part of an agile team, you will contribute more specifically to the development of system architectures, embedded software, user interfaces and measurement algorithms.
You will be responsible for
- Developing the software architectures needed to operate Creaform's 3D scanning and measurement platforms;
- Develop and optimize embedded software and interface with hardware and drivers, under both Windows and Linux.
- Experimentally test and validate products and prototypes, interfaces and architectures developed;
- Participate in the development of user interfaces and user workflows to operate the measuring devices.
- In a multidisciplinary context, collaborate with developers and test teams to ensure smooth operation and product quality.
- Respect established development processes, work methods and standards.
Your projects will require you to
- Start each morning with a short meeting with the development team to discuss progress, the day's plan and issues.
- Then you'll get back to work on developing and implementing new software features:
- Feature design
- Software architecture design
- Solution programming in C++/C#
- Development of the graphical interface
- You will test and validate implemented solutions.
- You will collaborate with team members and colleagues from the scientific and quality assurance teams.
- You'll work on fixes to stabilize the software you're working on.
- Once a week, you'll attend a follow-up meeting with the project team to monitor the project and see what's new.
- If you're in the office, you can enjoy the beautiful cafeteria or outdoor picnic tables, go for a walk or run in the park, or use the gym or play a game of table soccer.
You'll feel right at home if you
- Have a university degree in computer engineering, computer science or software engineering;
- Have 5 years' relevant programming experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of operating systems and development tools in C++ , Linux and Windows;
- Interest and knowledge in;
- Visual Studio development environment, Git;
- computer architecture;
- code porting and optimization on embedded platforms;
- 3D geometry and matrix calculation;
- OpenGL programming;
- Be able to communicate in a French-speaking environment, and your English is functional.
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work in a stimulating environment as part of a strong and passionate R&D team;
- The chance to experiment and be creative, with wide latitude;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- Flexible working hours;
- A generous and flexible teleworking policy, even after Covid, when the position allows it;
- A salary and growth potential to match your expectations;
- An environment open to the world and constantly growing;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more!
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc. a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our working environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a start-up company.
Are you interested in the job, but don't have all the required skills? Send us your application anyway. We believe that experience and personal background, combined with a healthy dose of passion, can make all the difference
We put our hearts and souls into the products, and it makes me feel as if we are all working at the very core of innovation.
Product Quality Assurance Expert