Embedded Software Developper
Permanent / Full-time
Creaform has a long-standing experience in delivering full-scale engineering services in product development, industrial design, numerical simulation (FEA/CFD) and advanced surface modeling. We also provide staff outsourcing and training services for major companies and SMBs. We have built an enviable reputation in the aerospace, consumer goods, heavy industry, high-tech, manufacturing, medical, recreational vehicle, and transportation sectors. Creaform’s multidisciplinary team of engineering experts can successfully carry out projects of any size and complexity—all with the same commitment to effectiveness, efficiency and bottom-line results. Creaform IS engineering excellence.For more information, For more information visit www.creaform-engineering.com
The incumbent of this position will participate in product development, including the programming of Microcontrollers and Microprocessors, from definition to production. It ensures that the system design complies with applicable standards, laws and regulations. The developer works within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and technical designers.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Design, implement and integrate embedded software (Firmware) for various systems ;
- Analyze the performance of micro-programs and develop test cases (unit, branch coverage, regression, integration) to ensure that the design meets the customer's requirements;
- Debug and solve complex software problems;
- Create logical design documents, architectures and data modeling;
- Ability to understand diagrams and work closely with hardware engineers;
- Analyze the technical feasibility and level of risk to meet customer demands;
- Analyze the customer's need to translate it into system specifications and requirements to be met;
- Build and maintain the design file including calculations, tests, verifications, validations, costs and approvals;
- Develop test methods and plans and produce reports (Hardware/Software interface, Acceptance test plan, etc.)
Our perfect match...
- Has a bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering;
- Has relevant experience in embedded software development;
- Has a good knowledge of microcontroller families (STMicro, TI, Atmel, NXP, etc.) ;
- Has knowledge of programming languages such as: C, C++, Python, Assembly ;
- Knows different development environments (MPLAB, STM32, IAR, Keil, Atmel studio, etc.) as well as Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Has a good understanding of communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.) ;
- Has experience using various peripherals (sensors, motor control, remote configuration, data logging, etc.) ;
- Is bilingual (English/French).
In exchange, we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart ;
- Competitive salary and benefits ;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Gym available for the employees;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I get to work on a variety of different applications, like robotics, oil and gas, and in 3D inspection, for the healthcare industry. It’s very exciting!
Business Development Manager