Embedded Software engineer (m/f/d)
Canada - Laval
We are looking for an embedded software engineer whose main responsibility will be to design the embedded software in the development of various products, all within a multidisciplinary team full of talent made up of engineers, designers and technicians working in electricity, electronics, mechanics, industrial design and digital simulation. If you want to work in a team on exciting projects, join us, we will have fun working together!
Your projects will lead you to
- Design, implement and integrate embedded software for various systems;
- Design low level microcontroller drivers (data acquisition, communication, etc.);
- Analyze firmware performance and develop test methods (unit, coverage branch, regression, integration) to ensure that the design meets customer requirements;
- Determine and resolve software issues;
- Create logical design documents (architectures, algorithms, databases, etc.);
- Work closely with hardware engineers;
- Analyze the technical feasibility and level of risk to meet customer requirements;
- Analyze the customer need to translate it into system specifications and requirements to be met;
- Build and maintain the design file including calculations, tests, verifications, validations, costs and approvals;
- Support internal and external clients in the resolution of technical problems;
- Develop test methods and test plans and produce reports (hardware and software interface, acceptance plan, test plan, etc.).
You will feel at home if you
- Holds a bachelor or master degree in electrical or software engineering;
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience in embedded software design;
- Has a good knowledge of real time software programming;
- Knows the different families of microcontrollers;
- Knows procedural software development as well as object oriented languages such as: C, C++, C#, Python, Java, VBA, Tcl;
- Is comfortable working in several development environments (IDE) such as: MPLAB, STM32, IAR, Keil, Atmel studio;
- Is comfortable with the use of laboratory equipment such as: logic analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator;
- Is able to implement different communication protocols such as: CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.;
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Is a team player and likes to share his knowledge;
- Has a customer oriented attitude;
- Is able to communicate effectively in a multidisciplinary team;
- Has good interpersonal skills and a strong ability to adapt (in other words, you are good at customer relations);
- Knows how to manage several files simultaneously;
- Is eligible to be a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Is bilingual English / French.
In exchange, we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- A generous and flexible remote-working policy, even after Covid, when the position allows it;
- Gym available for the employees;
- Social activities, and much more!
We are Creaform Engineering, a Quebec-based specialist in complete engineering services, a fast-growing division of Creaform Inc. a world leader in 3D measurement technologies. With more than 20,000 projects under our belt since 2002, we have earned the reputation of being an essential ally for companies in many industrial sectors, such as transportation, recreational vehicles, aerospace, consumer goods and manufacturing. Our 170 employees work with passion and determination on projects of all sizes and complexities to ensure that our clients are always one step ahead. Experts in product design, industrial design, automation, dimensional management, numerical simulation and advanced surface modeling, we make sure to constantly improve the skills of our employees to remain the best. Joining Creaform Engineering means betting on engineering.
I give trainings on all Creaform products throughout Europe and use them daily in a wide variety of industries, including automotive, aeronautics, and energy sectors. Because Creaform’s customers use our solutions for many different applications, application engineers have to be very versatile. I get to face new challenges each week, which makes for a very stimulating job!