Embeded Software Engineer
Permanent / Full-time
Who are we looking for ? The perfect candidate for the position of Embeded Software Engineer. The incumbent will be involved in product development, including the programming of microcontrollers and microprocessors, from definition to production.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Design, implement and integrate embedded software for various systems;
- Design low level microcontroller drivers (data acquisition, communication, etc.);
- Analyze firmware performance and develop test methods (unit, coverage branch, regression, integration) to ensure that the design meets customer requirements;
- Determine and resolve software issues;
- Creating logical design documents (architectures, algorithms, databases, etc.);
- Work closely with hardware engineers;
- Analyze the technical feasibility and level of risk to meet customer requirements;
- Analyze the customer need to translate it into system specifications and requirements to be met;
- Build and maintain the design file including calculations, tests, verifications, validations, costs and approvals;
- Support internal and external clients in the resolution of technical problems;
- Develop test methods and test plans and produce reports (hardware and software interface, acceptance plan, test plan, etc.).
Our perfect match...
- Holds a BACC or master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering;
- Has 5 years experience in embedded software development;
- Has good knowledge in real-time embedded software;
- Knows the microcontroller families: 8051, PIC, ARM, AVR;
- Has good knowledge of procedural and object-oriented programming languages: C, C++, C#, Python, Java, VBA, Tcl, etc. ;
- Knows different development environments (MPLAB, STM32, IAR, Keil, Atmel studio, etc.) and operating systems Linux, Windows, RTOS ;
- Knows how to use hardware development tools: logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.;
- Knows the different communication protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, Wifi, SMBus, etc. ;
- Knows how to communicate and popularize effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
- Can easily manage several files at the same time;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Are fluent in both English and French.
You earn points if you...
- Are eligible for membership to the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
In exchange we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- Gym available for the employees;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I was looking for a place where I could really combine the technical aspects of my job—with a human touch. And I found it at Creaform.
3D Metrology Expert