Experienced mechanical designer (m/f/d)
Canada - Levis
Our Creaform Engineering division is looking for an experienced mechanical designer whose main responsibility will be to do 3D design and 2D computer-aided drafting for various types of projects. He or she will also be responsible for developing, preparing and verifying technical drawings, plans and schematics. If you wish to take on new challenges and associate your talent with a passionate and determined team, do like our 200+ team members and choose Creaform Engineering.
You'll be responsible for
- Designing all types of parts (CAD) and/or mechanical systems in accordance with the criteria established by the customers and the manufacturing constraints of the parts to be modeled, developed or designed;
- Meeting the needs of customers in terms of design and layout (2D and 3D) on various CAD software;
- Supervising the smooth running of the projects under your responsibility and inform the person in charge of the project and his/her team manager of any potential delays or problems;
- Validating the quality of work delivered by the team;
- Delivering good customer service with clients and suppliers, with occasional travel.
Your projects will lead you to
- Work in collaboration with the product development team and designers;
- Participate in the elaboration of documents necessary for the pre-sales process;
- Participate in the development of documents required for the pre-sales process;
- Conduct occasional in-house training to ensure the technical knowledge of all involved is up to date.
You will feel at home if you
- Hold a college or university degree in mechanical engineering;
- Have a strong experience in mechanical design (between 5 to 10 years), especially in a manufacturing environment;
- Have a perfect knowledge of 3D modeling software (volume, 2D, assembly and at least 2 other modules);
- Are able to manage in project mode, with a good evaluation of time;
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge, training and being a reference within the team;
- Know geometric tolerancing and functional dimensioning (GD&T, ASME Y14.5 2009);
- Have good communication and teaching skills, in French and English;
- Are creative and dynamic, while being organized and structured.
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work on stimulating projects in several fields (transportation, aeronautics, automotive, and many others!);
- A flexible work schedule;
- A generous and flexible remote-working policy, even after Covid, when the position allows it;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- An environment open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more !
About Creaform Engineering
Creaform Engineering is a team of more than 200 experts who are committed to the success of projects for leaders in all industries. Our multidisciplinary team takes on every challenge with ingenuity and expertise, for projects in product development, industrial design, digital simulation and industrialization. Our goal? To make our clients shine, both nationally and internationally, with a competitive edge in sectors as varied as transportation, motorsports, aerospace, technology, defense and energy. We go where no one else has gone before and accompany our partners further and further to create the innovations that will drive them forward.
Whenever I am performing demos or product presentations, I always smile when I see the look of amazement on attendees’ faces after I scan a product. They have a hard time believing in our solutions’ power and performance—and think I’ve uploaded the data prior to the presentation. Then I scan my hand on the spot. All I hear afterwards is “Wooooow!” Now that’s music to my ears! I am proud to be a part of the Creaform team!