Senior Surface Designer- Laval (m/f/d)
Canada - Laval
Do you want to work in a world-renowned engineering firm? Would you like to take part in stimulating innovation projects? Are you looking for the perfect springboard for your career?
That's good! Creaform Engineering needs you and your creativity to create, from sketches or scans, the style surfaces of different products, advanced surfaces and class A, (ex: Helmet, recreational vehicle body, vehicle interior, etc.) for its customers. You will have the opportunity to support them in the development of their products and to make them benefit from your know-how!
Nicolas, your future manager, is known for his team spirit and his ability to bring people together. He has been with Creaform for five years. He started as a team leader and is now responsible for operations.
To succeed and progress in your career, Nicolas will accompany you through the following resources:
- An excellent reception and effective integration process;
- Access to ongoing training on a daily basis;
- Support to ensure your development and achieve your goals.
Here's what we offer:
- Diversity and complexity of projects in a multitude of industries;
- Continuing education to support you in the progression of your career;
- Recognition of your ideas, regardless of your level of education;
- Caring environment, encouraging personal and professional development;
- Diversity and inclusion: there is no one-size-fits-all way of thinking;
- Wide range of benefits: competitive salary, group insurance, RRSP with employer contribution, competitive vacation policy, employee and family assistance program, telemedicine, flexible work arrangements;
We work hard, but we have a lot of fun! We have fun playing sports, organizing themed parties and events, and much more.
What does a typical project look like in your new team?
- Realize product style surfaces using CAD software (Catia V5) for our customers, in various sectors such as transportation, vehicle electrification, recreational vehicles, heavy machinery, consumer goods, high technology and more;
- Control the quality of the exterior styling surfaces of different products;
- Do surface reconstruction using STL files;
- Supervise the smooth running of the projects under your responsibility and inform the person in charge of the project and his/her team manager of any delays or potential problems;
- Validate the quality of the work that is delivered by the team;
- Be at customers' homes and support them in their product development;
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of passionate experts.
Whatever your interests, there will always be a project that meets your expectations!
Some aspects that will facilitate your integration at Creaform:
- You master the polygon modules of Catia V5 (Free Style, Quick Surface Reconstruction);
- You have a strong experience (5 to 10 years) in the modeling of class A surfaces;
- You are passionate about design, mechanics and technical challenges;
- You have a good knowledge in the constraints of manufacturing parts;
- You have good technical knowledge of plastics (an asset);
- You like working in product development;
- You are mobile to make short, medium or long trips;
- You have excellent communication skills in French.
About Creaform Engineering
Creaform Ingénierie offers comprehensive engineering services to support industry leaders in the success of their projects, regardless of size or complexity. The company is made up of a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 experts and strategic allies who work closely with clients to achieve their goals in product development, industrial design, numerical simulation and industrialization. For more than 20 years, Creaform Engineering has developed expertise in multiple sectors, including transportation, motorsports, aerospace, technology, defense and energy. For more information about Creaform Ingénierie, click here!
Creaform is a business unit of AMETEK Inc., a world leader in the manufacture of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with sales of $5.5 billion in 2021.
Are you interested in the position, but you do not have all the skills required? Send us your application anyway. We believe that experience and personal context, combined with a healthy dose of passion, can be a game-changer.
Creaform offers a meaningful work environment and meaningful work. I enjoy working at Creaform because everyone is so dynamic and the products are so innovative. My philosophy is that a happy job leads to a happy life. And with Creaform, I have both!