Senior surface Designer- Laval (m/f/d)
Canada - Laval
Our Creaform Engineering division is looking for an experienced surface designer whose main responsibility will be to work in the product development team in order to create, from sketches or scans, the styling surfaces of the various products (advanced and class A surfaces). If you wish to take on new challenges and associate your talent with a passionate and determined team, do like our 200+ team members and choose Creaform Engineering.
You'll be responsible for :
- Producing the styling surfaces of products using CAD software (Catia V5);
- Controlling the quality of the external styling surfaces of various products;
- Produce designs of all types of parts (CAD) and/or mechanical systems;
- Performing surface reconstruction using STL files;
- Respecting the criteria established by the customers as well as the manufacturing constraints of the parts that are to be modeled, developed or designed;
- Supervising the smooth running of the projects under your responsibility ;
- Inform the project manager and his team manager of any delays or potential problems;
- Validating the quality of work delivered by the team;
- Ensuring good customer service with clients and suppliers.
Your projects will lead you to :
- Work in collaboration with the product development team and designers ;
- Participate in the elaboration of documents necessary for the pre-sales process;
- Occasionally conduct in-house training to ensure that the technical knowledge of all involved is up to date;
- Work in conjunction with other designers to understand their style intent in the analysis of a sketch or clay;
- Participate in client product development, which may involve some travel to work with clients..
You will feel at home if you :
- Are a master with Catia V5 surface modules (Free Style, Icem Shape Design, Quick Surface Reconstruction);
- Have a strong experience (5 to 10 years) in the modeling of class A surfaces;
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with pedagogy and acting as a reference for the team members;
- Are able to evaluate the time needed for a project, even if you have several projects to manage simultaneously;
- Are meticulous with an eye for detail;
- Are creative and resourceful, while being well organized and structured;
- Are able to work in a multidisciplinary team, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt;
- Know how to lead a work group;
- Are able to communicate in French and, if necessary, in English.
You earn points if you :
- Have a good knowledge of realistic rendering software;
- Have a good technical knowledge of plastics;
- Have already worked in the manufacturing industry.
In exchange, we offer you :
- A flexible work schedule;
- A generous and flexible remote-working policy, even after Covid, when the position allows it;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- An environment that is open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more!
About Creaform Engineering
Creaform Engineering is the Quebec-based specialist in complete engineering services, a fast-growing division of Creaform Inc. a world leader in 3D measurement technologies and a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc.
With more than 20,000 projects under our belt since 2002, we have earned the reputation of being an essential ally for companies in many industrial sectors.
Our 170 employees carry out projects of all sizes and complexities with passion and determination, allowing our clients to always be one step ahead. Experts in product design, industrial design, automation, dimensional management, digital simulation and advanced surface modeling, we make sure that our employees' skills are constantly growing to remain the best. For more information about Creaform Engineering, click here!
Convinced that our ability to innovate endlessly is fueled by the diversity and the right to be different of our employees, and determined to establish and maintain a diversified and representative workforce, we fully subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
In particular, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accordance with the provisions of the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
I get to work on a variety of different applications, like robotics, oil and gas, and in 3D inspection, for the healthcare industry. It’s very exciting!
Business Development Manager