Finite element engineer
Permanent / Full-time
Our Creaform Engineering division is looking for a finite element engineer to help our clients with the structural analysis of their products using the software in place. If you wish to take up new challenges and associate your talent with an experienced team, do like our 200+ team members and choose Creaform Engineering.
You'll be responsible for
- Acting as a consulting engineer for our clients in the field of structural analysis;
- Carrying out numerical modelling using finite elements (meshes and analysis);
- Carrying out manual calculations (material resistance, heat transfer, component sizing, etc.);
- Writing analysis reports, advise clients on modifications to be made;
- Designing mechanical parts, assemblies, complex mechanical systems.
Your projects will lead you to
- Work closely with other FE and FD engineers to validate design assumptions and recommendations made to clients;
- Work closely with technicians, designers and designers on design projects;
- Spend a large part of your time with clients whom you will have to advise by popularizing your recommendations resulting from your analysis work;
- Manage several files simultaneously.
You will feel at home if you
- Hold a university degree in mechanical engineering at the undergraduate or graduate level;
- Have applied experience in finite element analysis;
- Have experience with software such as Femap, Nastran, LS-Dyna, Ansys, Hypermesh or Simcenter;
- Are familiar with structural and non-linear analysis; and all aspects of strength of materials - fatigue, dynamics and vibration;
- Know and master one or more 3D design software such as CatiaV5, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc;
- Possess a good analytical and synthesis mind as well as an aptitude for problem solving;
- Are able to communicate in French and English.
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work on stimulating projects in several fields (transportation, aeronautics, automotive, and many others!);
- A flexible work schedule;
- A generous and flexible remote-working policy, even after Covid, when the position allows it;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations
- An environment open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more.
About Creaform Engineering
Creaform Engineering is a team of more than 200 experts who are committed to the success of projects for leaders in all industries. Our multidisciplinary team takes on every challenge with ingenuity and expertise, for projects in product development, industrial design, digital simulation and industrialization. Our goal? To make our clients shine, both nationally and internationally, with a competitive edge in sectors as varied as transportation, motorsports, aerospace, technology, defense and energy. We go where no one else has gone before and accompany our partners further and further to create the innovations that will drive them forward.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform offers a meaningful work environment and meaningful work. I enjoy working at Creaform because everyone is so dynamic and the products are so innovative. My philosophy is that a happy job leads to a happy life. And with Creaform, I have both!