Creaform Inc. Levis office or Laval office (Hidden)
Our R&D department is looking for a scientific developer to design, develop and fine-tune our future sensor platforms.
You will be responsible for the hardware or software architecture of the developed systems as well as for the development and prototyping of powerful algorithms related to 3D measurement, 3D geometry and image processing and for the realization of an optimized and validated final implementation.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge, join us: we have been working day after day for 20 years to push the boundaries of portable optical technology.
- Contribute to the development of new optical architectures related to 3D measurement (both software and hardware);
- Contribute to the development of new 3D scanning principles;
- Design optical subsystems such as stereoscopic systems;
- Contribute to the development of software for specific applications related to 3D modeling and inspection technologies;
- Design 2D image processing, 3D reconstruction and calibration algorithms;
- Implement and optimize algorithms or applications in C++ language;
- Prototype the algorithms using interactive environments;
- Test and validate experimentally the developed concepts.
Your projects will lead you to
- Collaborate with other developers to integrate developments into current or future products;
- Interact with testing, support and production teams to ensure product quality;
- Work with clear and well-honed development processes, work methods and standards;
- Work on tangible products, from embryonic prototypes to final product;
- Actively participate in daily scrum meetings and weekly follow-up meetings;
- Put your ideas to the test to solve complex problems that don't yet have a solution
You will feel at home if you
- Hold a university degree in computer engineering, software engineering, engineering physics, electrical engineering, computer science or mathematics (a relevant graduate degree is an asset);
- Have experience/knowledge in the following areas
- General computer vision and image processing;
- Projective geometry, matrix calculation and numerical optimization methods;
- C++ programming, GPU/Cuda, Optimization, Matlab;
- Computer architecture.
- Are comfortable communicating in French as well as in English.
In exchange, we offer you
- The chance to work in a stimulating work environment within a strong, inclusive and passionate R&D team;
- The possibility to experiment, to be creative with a great latitude;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- Flexible hours;
- A 100% flexible remote-working policy;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- An environment that is open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more!
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our work environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a start-up company.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
We put our hearts and souls into the products, and it makes me feel as if we are all working at the very core of innovation.
Product Quality Assurance Expert