Lead developer (m/f/d)
Creaform Inc. Levis office or Laval office (Hidden)
Our R&D team is looking for a Lead Developer to take responsibility for a team of passionate software developers. You will be responsible for leading projects, in an agile environment, that will take our software to the next level and further improve the user experience for our customers.
You will be responsible for
- Actively contributing to projects and becoming a technical reference within the team;
- Follow up on individual projects and ensure the professional development of your team members;
- Define specifications, separate work into tasks, maintain the project board, facilitate weekly review meetings and ensure project delivery;
- Collaborate with product managers, QA team, technical experts and other developer teams;
- Develop the software architecture and user interfaces of the operating and application software to further enhance the user experience of the most user-friendly scanners on the market;
- Respect the processes, work methods and development standards in place.
Your projects will require you to
- Start each morning with a short meeting with the development team to discuss progress, the day's plan and issues;
- Then you will get back to work on the development and implementation of new software features;
- Feature design;
- UI/UX design;
- Software architecture design;
- Programming in C++/C#;
- Development of the graphical interface;
- You will ensure the quality of the implemented solutions and you will work on the corrections to be made to stabilize the software;
- You will meet on a regular basis with the members of your team for individual follow-ups with them;
- Once a week, you will participate in the follow-up meeting with the project team to present the progress and plan the tasks to be done;
- If you are in the office, you can enjoy the beautiful cafeteria or the outdoor picnic tables, go for a walk or a run in the park or use the gym or play a game of foosball.
You will feel at home if you
- Have a solid background in C++ or C# programming with a strong interest in software architecture;
- Have experience managing agile projects or mentoring a team of developers;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Experience in WPF, UI/UX design, MVVM architecture, clean-code, etc ;
- Have a university degree in computer engineering, computer science or software engineering;
- Be able to communicate in a French speaking environment.
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work in a stimulating work environment within a strong and passionate R&D team;
- The possibility to experiment, to be creative with a large latitude;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- Flexible hours;
- A 100% flexible telecommuting policy;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- An environment open to the world and in constant growth;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more.
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our work environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and the dynamism of a start-up company.
Are you interested in the position, but don't have all the required skills? Send us your application anyway. We believe that experience and personal background, combined with a healthy dose of passion, can make all the difference.
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40 industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers’ most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. We employee 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
Creaform has won the Red Dot Design Awards. It is an amazing achievement for the team, Creaform and the entire industrial design sector.