Logistic & transportation Technician (m/f/d)
Canada - Levis
Do you want to work for an international company with a worldwide reputation? Our operations department is looking for a logistics and transportation technician to coordinate and organize product shipments locally and internationally. If you wish to take on new challenges and associate your talent with a passionate team, do like our 60+ team members and join the operations department at Creaform.
Julie, your future manager, is known for her passion, her human side and for being a team player. She has been working at Creaform for 10 years. She started as a logistics agent. Today, she is in charge of logistics and transportation.
Never Stop Innovating, a motto that represents the core values of Creaform, from its beginning in 2002. To this day, Creaform continues to develop, manufacture, and sell cutting edge 3D portable and automated measurement technologies that provide innovative solutions for applications such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing (NDT), product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products redefine the boundaries in a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, defense, consumer products, heavy industries, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, research and education.
Here is what we offer:
- Exciting projects with high intellectual potential and rewarding prospects
- Ongoing training to support you in your career progression
- Recognition of your ideas
- A caring environment that encourages personal and professional growth
- Diversity and inclusion; there is no one-size-fits-all thinking
- Wide range of benefits: competitive salary, group insurance, 401k, competitive vacation policy, employee, and family assistance program, flexible work arrangements
We work hard, but we have a lot of fun! We have fun with sports, parties, themed events and more!
To succeed in this function, we will accompany you with:
- Excellent onboarding
- A mentor
A typical day with Julie and the team:
- Coordiinate local and international shipments of Creaform products for all departments
- Organize transportation for the supply of the production
- Maintain the shipment logbook
- Ensure the conformity of shipments to the customer's order
- Negotiate rates with carriers
- Organize shipments for trade shows
- Take charge of shipments made under letter of credit
- Collaborate with the Chamber of Commerce and the various embassies during the legalization process of documents
- Participate in the achievement of cost reduction objectives
- Maintain up-to-date processes and procedures
- Have a college degree in transportation logistics or related field
- Have relevant experience
- Have a good command of the English language, both oral and written
- Knowledge of international transportation regulations
- Knowledge of ERP software is a strong asset
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Creaform is in my DNA. I feel really appreciated. I love my job. I simply cannot imagine working anywhere else.