Mechanical Designer in Canada (M/f/d)
Creaform Inc. Levis office or Laval office (Hidden)
Are you a bit of an adventurer, looking for challenges and in need of wide open spaces? Are you attracted by the opportunity to work in Canada, especially in a French-speaking environment?
Then Creaform may have just the opportunity you are looking for.
Our Creaform Engineering division is looking for a draftsman to develop, design and produce the various parts and/or mechanical systems of the new concepts we invent. The position will be based in Levis, near Quebec City.
If you are looking for new challenges and want to join a passionate, inclusive and determined team within an engineering leader, we will have fun working together.
Your main responsibilities...
- Perform 2D and 3D design and drafting on various CAD software.
- Design all types of parts (CAD) and mechanical systems.
Your projects will lead you to...
- Be creative in designing, developing and modeling parts, while taking into account technical criteria.
- Work in conjunction with other designers.
- Learn new things all the time as you work with experts for clients in various sectors such as aerospace, consumer goods, high tech, healthcare, recreational vehicles and transportation.
- Travel sometimes to meet clients.
- Change the world, one innovation at a time.
You have the right profile if you...
- Have a degree of Bac + 2 to Bac + 3 technical, ideally in industrial engineering or mechanical.
- Have a relevant experience between 3 to 5 years.
- Have good mechanical skills.
- Master at least one CAD software (Catia V5, Solidworks, Solidedge, Inventor, etc.).
- Are a creative person, while being very well organized and structured.
- Have a good team spirit and be customer oriented.
- Are able to manage several files simultaneously.
You earn points if you...
- Have some knowledge of sheet metal and surface modules.
- Know at least one manufacturing process.
- Are able to communicate in English if needed.
- Have a good knowledge of geometric tolerancing (GD&T).
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work in a stimulating work environment within a human, inclusive and passionate team, for which pleasure and well-being at work are non-negotiable.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise.
- The pride of working in a high-performance technology company, open to the world.
- Flexible working hours.
- A 100% flexible telecommuting policy.
- A salary and growth potential to match your expectations.
- A wide range of social activities, and much more.
Creaform Engineering is the Quebec-based specialist in complete engineering services, a fast-growing division of Creaform Inc. a world leader in 3D measurement technologies and a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc.
With more than 20,000 projects under our belt since 2002, we have earned the reputation of being an essential ally for companies in many industrial sectors.
Our 170 employees carry out projects of all sizes and complexities with passion and determination, allowing our clients to always be one step ahead. Experts in product design, industrial design, automation, dimensional management, digital simulation and advanced surface modeling, we make sure that our employees' skills are constantly growing to remain the best.
Convinced that our ability to innovate endlessly is fueled by the diversity and the right to be different of our employees, and determined to establish and maintain a diversified and representative workforce, we fully subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
In particular, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accordance with the provisions of the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Creaform has won the Red Dot Design Awards. It is an amazing achievement for the team, Creaform and the entire industrial design sector.