Mechanical Engineer, Dimensionnal Management
Permanent / Full-time
Who are we looking for? A perfect match to fill the position of Mechanical Engineer, Dimensionnal Management.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Define the requirements that guarantee the functionality and assembly of a system;
- Identify manufacturing processes and their impacts on assembly;
- Analyze tolerances and make recommendations to improve the concept;
- Participate in the definition of the assembly strategy and positioning principles;
- Participate in system design reviews and identify potential problems;
- Identify tooling needs;
- Define the tolerance on the detail drawings;
- Prepare and provide training on variation management and tolerance management;
- Prepare inspection plans;
- Analyze measurement reports and point clouds;
- Evaluate deviations, impacts on the assembly and make recommendations.
- Has a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant training for the position;
- Has 2 years of experience in manufacturing processes such as thermoforming, sheet metal, mechanically welded and injection;
- Has experience in project management, assembly template design and problem solving: method or quality department at the dimensional level;
- Has knowledge of geometric tolerancing in bolted, welded and riveted connections;
- Is able to make complex dimension chains and teach them;
- Has an ability to conceptualize assembly interfaces and visualize assemblies in space.
You earn points if you...
- Are a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
In exchange we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform has won the Red Dot Design Awards. It is an amazing achievement for the team, Creaform and the entire industrial design sector.