Non-Destructive Testing Specialist
Permanent / Full-time
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Creaform is a leading international company in full expansion with a passion for 3D scanning, quality control and reverse engineering. We cultivate a collaborative workplace culture that values your contributions, fosters learning and growth, but also makes plenty of room for fun, family, and personal achievement. Our customer base is spread worldwide and are leaders in the automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, manufacturing, multimedia, and medical sectors.
Who we're looking for: Creaform is looking for a take-charge, goal-oriented Technician or Engineer focused on the Non Destructive Testing (NDT) market. The selected candidate will contribute to our technology and service sales businesses by performing a technical consultant role for the company internal as well as external customers. The NDT Specialist applies its expertise in 3D measurement, inspection and damage assessment every day to help solve the customers’ technical applications.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Provide application training on Creaform and partner technologies to our customer base, the focus being on NDT solutions like Pipecheck and Polyworks;
- Harness your creativity and people skills to make impactful presentations to potential customers and act as a Creaform resource person;
- Contribute to new technologies development by testing new products and sharing your improvement suggestions;
- Perform remote and on-site data acquisition (3D laser scanning and probing inspection) for Creaform customers;
- Act as a reference for the Creaform product line (use and knowledge) and support internal customers (marketing, R&D, technical support) with their operations;
- Help draft and translate technical and training documents.
Our perfect match...
- Has a mechanical Engineering degree (technical or bachelor) or relevant experience;
- Has experience in NDT, Oil & gas, and pipeline integrity assessment;
- Has an interest in sales and customer service;
- Is fluent in English. Spanish or French is an asset;
- Is willing to travel throughout the USA and the world on a regular basis (50%);
- Has technical writing skills;
- Is a fast and efficient learner;
- Demonstrates autonomy and initiative.
In exchange we offer you...
- Work location: Costa Mesa, California office.
- Available to travel 50%+ of the time, flexible schedule.
- Competitive package.
- Good benefits plan.
- Vibrant, ambitious, worldwide company.
Creaform offers career opportunities within a young dynamic team as well as the possibility to progress through multiple interesting and varied projects. We moreover provide a unique work environment, animated by a strong, dynamic team. Joining our team, also translates to many social activities, career opportunities and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Having the opportunity to be invited to Ängelholm, Sweden, at Koenigsegg’s headquarters was unbelievable! I had to perform a full scan of the company’s new Regera. It was an unforgettable experience! When you work at Creaform, you get to meet wonderful people who use Creaform technologies on a daily basis. You learn a lot about how high performance cars are designed and manufactured. From a mechanical engineering (and car enthusiast!) standpoint, it doesn’t get any better than this!
3D Metrology Expert