Continuous Improvement Engineer
Permanent / Full-time
HQ – Lévis, Canada
We are looking for the perfect candidate for the position of Continuous Improvement Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the production team to enable operational efficiencies in operations and repair centers to improve safety, quality, delivery and productivity performance. In addition, the incumbent will be involved in culture improvement through the application of Lean principles and the facilitation of improvement activities.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Plan, organize, direct and control mandates for the improvement of work methods, plant layout and equipment in order to achieve operational efficiency ;
- Prepare, coordinate and animate Lean events (kaizen, vsm, 5s, smed, etc.) aimed at improving performance;
- Support the production and repair team on processes and procedures during order preparation;
- Train and coach the employees of the different teams in order to foster the development of the improvement culture as well as the knowledge and skills on the different Lean principles and techniques;
- Implement and maintain performance indicators;
- Support and maintain the maintenance plan and the mechanical maintenance of the building;
- Collaborate with different internal departments during changes;
- Participate in the OHS component of operations.
- Holds a college diploma or university degree in industrial engineering ;
- Has knowledge in computer science, programming and automation;
- Possesses 5 to 10 years experience in a similar role;
- Has a good command of French and English both spoken and written;
- Has of strong interpersonal skills;
- Possesses good analytical and synthesis skills as well as problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to manage priorities and several files simultaneously;
- Are autonomous and has initiative.
In exchange, we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Gym available for the employees;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform is in my DNA. I feel really appreciated. I love my job. I simply cannot imagine working anywhere else.