Mechanical Project Engineer, System
Permanent / Full-time
Who we are looking for ? The perfect candidate for the position of Mechanical Project Engineer, Systems. The candidate's main responsibility will be to configure heavy vehicles, coordinate and monitor component integration activities according to customer requests while respecting deadlines.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Configure vehicles to meet customer requirements, balance weights and ensure viable dynamic behaviour (30% ) ;
- Develop 3D concepts (25% ) ;
- Plan and prepare schedules and monitor the progress of each project ;
- Follow up on the projects with the client and Project Managers ;
- Provide technical support to your teams ;
- Evaluate costs and workload ;
- Deal with unforeseen events, propose solutions and adjust priorities to meet objectives ;
- Communicate requirements to suppliers and ensure compliance of deliverables with them (25%) ;
- Ensure procurement planning for the realization of prototypes ;
- Support the implementation of projects and ensure a follow-up of the necessary corrective measures.
Our perfect match...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline;
- Have experience in the field of trucks, buses or heavy machinery: suspension, axles, brakes, steering ;
- Have 2 years of relevant experience in project management and between 3 and 5 years in transportation or heavy machinery;
- Are a master of CAD software: Catia V5, Solidworks ;
- Are fluent in both English and French, orally and in writing ;
- Have good negotiation skills;
- Are good team player;
- Give excellent customer service;
- Are organized and meticulous;
- Are available to travel occasionally.
In exchange we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
At Creaform, each day is different. I could be in the desert in Qatar or on the coast of Norway. As an application engineer, I teach customers how to generate the best possible results using our solutions. Passion and determination are at the core of everything that Creaform and I do!