Researcher-Developer in Artificial Intelligence Specialized in Computer Vision
Permanent / Full-time
HQ – Lévis, Canada
Our R&D department is looking for a researcher-developer in Artificial Intelligence with a specialization in computer vision and 3d geometry. You will design, develop and implement new AI-based approaches to push the performance limits of algorithms associated with 3D sensors and measurement. If you wish to take on new challenges and associate your talent with a passionate and determined team, do like our 80+ team members and choose Creaform's R&D.
You'll be responsible for
- Developing powerful approaches based on AI to improve our methods of image processing, 2d and 3d segmentation, reconstruction, localization, feature recognition, without being limited to them, but always in a context of metrology and precision measurement;
- Building and validating annotated databases and ensuring their sustainability;
- Implementing new functionalities in C++ language with a great rigor and a concern of CPU and GPU efficiency;
- Ensuring performance and speed for AI methods evolving in a real time environment where computation time is critical and performance is non-negotiable;
- Understanding the aspects and functionalities of the approaches developed and the software libraries used;
- Identifying the causes of underperformance in targeted problems and developing solutions to remedy them;
- Exhaustively testing the developed methods in order to obtain a functional, reliable and robust product;
- Regularly presenting progress to the rest of the team in a clear and structured manner;
- Maintaining and improving the quality of existing code.
Your projects will lead you to
- Work on tangible products, from embryonic prototypes to final product;
- Actively participate in daily scrums and weekly follow-up meetings;
- Test and defend your ideas while respecting those of others to solve complex problems that often do not have a solution yet;
- Collaborate with a versatile and dynamic team of experienced developers/researchers;
- Participate in scientific conferences and trainings in order to stay ahead of the technical curve;
- Increase your knowledge (and that of your team) on 3d capture technologies and computer vision.
You will feel at home if you
- Hold a university degree (master's or doctorate) in computer engineering, physics, electrical, mathematics or software engineering;
- Have experience and high autonomy in the following areas:
- AI / machine learning applied to vision (CNN, GAN, TensorFlow, ...);
- Computer vision and image processing, geometry and 3d reconstruction;
- Mathematics, linear algebra, matrix calculation, numerical optimization methods;
- C++ programming, GPU/Cuda, python ;
- Can work in a French-speaking environment.
In exchange, we offer you...
- The chance to work in a stimulating work environment within a strong and passionate R&D team;
- A state-of-the-art technological environment with the latest computers, robots, mechanical and electronic rapid prototyping capabilities, and equipped laboratories;
- Continuous training;
- The opportunity to experiment, to be creative and to have a wide latitude;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- Flexible working hours;
- A generous and flexible telecommuting policy, even after Covid;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations;
- New offices close to nature;
- A dynamic, human and stimulating company, open to the world;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more!
As a subsidiary of AMETEK Inc, a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, Creaform is internationally recognized for its cutting-edge technologies and R&D excellence. Although we are developing our market on a global scale, our work environment preserves the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a start-up company. You want to know all our projects and follow our news? Go to : Linkedin.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform has won the Red Dot Design Awards. It is an amazing achievement for the team, Creaform and the entire industrial design sector.