Senior Finite Element Engineer
Permanent / Full-time
HQ – Lévis, Canada
Who are we looking for? A perfect match to fill the position of FEA Engineer. Raise to new challenges and work for a market leader.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Under the authority of the "FEA/CFD" team manager, act as a consultant to external clients in the fields of structural and thermal analysis ;
- Perform numerical analyses using existing tools (NX/Nastran, Femap/Nastran, Ansys, LS-Dyna) ;
- Perform calculations by hand (material strength, heat transfer, component sizing, etc.);
- Write analysis reports, advise clients on modifications to be made;
- Supervise the projects of other engineers in finite elements and fluid dynamics in order to validate the calculation hypotheses and recommendations made to clients ;
- Work in close collaboration with technicians, designers and engineers on design projects;
- Supervise mechanical design projects, review and seal drawings;
- Design mechanical parts, assemblies, complex mechanical systems;
- Participate actively in maintaining and developing the team's expertise;
- Prepare and give trainings in his field of expertise;
- The candidate may be required to travel occasionally to clients' sites.
Our perfect match...
- Holds a BACC in Mechanical Engineering ;
- Is a member in of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Has more than 5 years of applied experience in finite element analysis;
- Has experience with Femap, Nastran, Ansys or Simcenter software;
- Has experience in numerical simulation in one or more of the following sectors: transportation, automotive, heavy machinery, industrial mechanics;
- Has strong knowledge of structural analysis, material strength, component dimensioning, dynamics and vibration, wave and shock, nonlinear analysis, fatigue, heat transfer;
- Knows and masters one or more 3D design software such as CatiaV5, SolidWorks, NX, etc. ;
- Possess a good analytical and synthesis mind as well as an aptitude for problem solving;
- Has experience in explicit nonlinear analysis with LS-Dyna software;
- Is well organized and structured;
- Is an excellent team player;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Has good adaptability and an ability to manage several files simultaneously;
- Is available for short or long term external mandates.
You earn points if you...
- Have knowledge in fluid dynamics;
- Have knowledge in one of the following programming languages: Matlab, Visual Basic or C++.
- Speaks English.
In exchange we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart ;
- Competitive salary and benefits ;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform offers a meaningful work environment and meaningful work. I enjoy working at Creaform because everyone is so dynamic and the products are so innovative. My philosophy is that a happy job leads to a happy life. And with Creaform, I have both!