Senior Industrial Engineer
Permanent / Full-time
Who we are looking for ? The perfect candidate to fill the position of Industrial for the Creaform Engineering division. Work with internal customers, project teams, maintenance technicians and suppliers to redefine a truck assembly line, with more than 20 stations, to achieve faster bonding time. The candidate will be required to work with clients on short, medium or long-term mandates, as well as frequent travel, in the United States.
What a typical day with us looks like:
- Coordinate all tooling deliveries : review tooling and equipment requests for overall progress, report progress and receive prioritization or time plan changes, manage workload amongst Tooling Engineers who are assigned to the project ;
- Gather inputs from production and work cross functionally to develop tooling ;
- Develop scope of work documents for requesting quote for tooling and equipment solutions from approved vendors ;
- Work with internal and external fabricators to manufacture fixtures and assembly aids ;
- Work with internal and external construction trades contractors for installation of utilities (electric, compressed air, data, etc.) for tools and equipment ;
- Work with internally developed tool request system to provide status of tool development process ;
- Organize design review to ensure new equipment design incorporates best practices from previous implementations.
- Is available to move to the United States or travel every two weeks for the first six to eight months of the project ;
- Fluent in both English and French ;
- Holds a BACC in Engineering ;
- Has about 10 years of experience in the field;
- Has experience in the following software: Catia, Creo, AutoCAD, Sketchup, ENOVIA, PDMLink and the Office suite; Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Project, SharePoint ;
- Has knowledge of 2D/3D drawing;
- Has project management skills;
- Is a natural born leader with communication and interpersonal skills;
- Is Familiar with engineering, manufacturing, line balancing and efficiency optimization tools concepts; process-oriented;
- Has Strong analytical skills and a proven focus on process and lean manufacturing concepts;
- Master the calculations of return on investment.
In exchange we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart ;
- Competitive salary and benefits ;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I was looking for a place where I could really combine the technical aspects of my job—with a human touch. And I found it at Creaform.
3D Metrology Expert