Permanent / Full-time
HQ – Lévis, Canada
Working within the Research and Development team, the holder of this position will be primarily responsible for managing all of the department's operational activities. The holder will contribute to the definition, development and implementation of Creaform's technological plan and will support its strategic vision. The director will be responsible for all R&D team leaders (Lévis and Grenoble).
What a typical day with us looks like:
- To direct and coordinate the activities of the entire Research and Development department;
- Participate in the development and deployment of the department's strategic and budgetary plans;
- Ensure the delivery of Creaform's technology product plan according to deadlines, budgets, expected quality standards and existing processes;
- Ensure the development and performance of the department by setting up clear and efficient processes and procedures related to the quality management system;
- Implement an efficient organizational structure and a succession plan for the R&D team;
- Supervise, coach and evaluate team members;
- Ensure the personal and professional development of the department's employees by continuously improving personnel management practices (skills plans, training, career plans, development, evaluations, etc.);
- Integrate best practices in product development, in particular by implementing and monitoring performance indicators;
- Ensure the transfer of products to operations.
Our perfect match...
- Holds a university-level degree in engineering;
- Has approximately 10 to 15 years experience in managing engineering personnel;
- Has experience in managing multidisciplinary teams;
- Has advanced knowledge at all levels of product development (design, mechanical, software, manufacturing, etc.);
- Communicates in both English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Is a leader with excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Has good writing skills and, when necessary, the ability to popularize results;
- Has a very good analytical and synthesizing mind;
- Has leadership and influencing skills;
- Is autonomous, responsible and resourceful.
In exchange, we offer you...
- Flexible work schedule because we have your family at heart ;
- Competitive salary and benefits ;
- Vibrant, ambitious, stimulating and worldwide company;
- A solid and unique work team;
- The possibility to progress with a variety of projects;
- Gym available for the employees;
- Social activities, and much more!
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
Creaform has won the Red Dot Design Awards. It is an amazing achievement for the team, Creaform and the entire industrial design sector.