Strategic Account Manager
Permanent / Full-time
Creaform_ USA_ Michigan
AMETEK is a world-class global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $4.5 billion. Publicly traded on the NYSE since 1930 and a component of the S&P 500, AMETEK has over 16,500 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations in 30 countries around the world.
CREAFORM, a business unit within AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies Division, specializes in 3D portable optical CREAFORM, a business unit within AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies Division, specializes in 3D portable optical measurement technologies and 3D engineering services. Founded in 2002 in Quebec, Canada, Creaform now operates in 15 offices around the world and is recognized as a worldwide leader in 3D optical measurement technologies thanks to its highly innovative solutions and double-digit average sales growth. Creaform’s mission is to develop, manufacture and market cutting-edge portable 3D measurement and analysis technologies that increase productivity. Through its expertise and the passionate commitment of its employees, Creaform helps companies from the manufacturing industry to seamlessly create, simulate, verify, and collaborate in 3D, significantly enhancing their turnaround times and profitability. Creaform’s wide range of products and services are intended for the automotive, aerospace and defense, consumer products, education, heritage preservation, manufacturing, medical care and multimedia industries. Get a feel for life at Creaform! Some of us are high-octane. Others are silent contributors. But regardless of your personality, Creaform offers an exciting work environment. We are seeking a Strategic Account Manager in the US to establish relationships with top-levels of Purchasing and Quality Control organizations at existing Creaform strategic accounts (Tier-1 auto/aero, OEM auto, heavy equipment OEM, etc.) The SAM we are looking for will develop Creaform sales opportunities at USA-based accounts for colleagues abroad. He/she will combine business development, general project management, and customer satisfaction monitoring functions. He/she will participate in the development and deployment of strategies to develop and maintain our client base. The position will report directly to the Head of Global Sales.
Your projects will lead you to
- Actively seek to spread domestic success generated in USA to satellite manufacturing sites globally
- Act as a “second layer” to Regional Account Managers on complex sales and high-leverage negotiations
- Establish national or international purchase agreements with USA-based strategic accounts
- Leverage established OEM accounts to gain approval / mandates with their Tier-1, Tier-2 supply chain
- Ensure organized follow-up on sales opportunities through emails/calls/meetings to shorten sales cycles
- Proactively engage with colleagues abroad when they encounter USA-owned accounts in their region
- Report important weekly actions during opportunity-review
- Engage in regular calls with Global Manager, and other Strategic Account Managers
- Maintain up-to-date CRM records on relevant accounts
- Attend trade fairs
- Lives near Detroit or Chicago
- Has minimum 5-7 years’ experience in enterprise CAPEX sales to large/globalized manufacturers
- Has exceptional business acumen and executive-level communication skills
- Idealliy has represented an OEM manufacturer in a Key Account Management role
- Has experience selling to factories / industrial environments (preference for Metrology / Machine Vision / 3D Scanning / Robotics / Automation)
- Has a strong history of selling high-technology products to Quality Control or Automation professionals
- Has a degree in business, economics or engineering preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Is highly independent, self-motivated, approachable, results-oriented individual
- Is comfortable in a spokesperson role, delivering presentations at conferences/trade fairs/etc.
Consider applying even if your skillset is not a perfect match. We believe our individual background and experiences, paired with passion, can go a long way.
I get to work on a variety of different applications, like robotics, oil and gas, and in 3D inspection, for the healthcare industry. It’s very exciting!
Business Development Manager